Professional Skills Working Group
Our Professional Skills Working Group (PSWG) works to:
- develop diverse and stimulating content for both generic and practice specific professionalism CPD
- embed the Actuaries’ Code and professional and ethical behaviour in the IFoA’s professional skills training
The PSWG consists of volunteers from a diverse membership base and executive staff from the IFoA’s General Counsel and Education Partnerships and Lifelong Learning Team.
The group's full responsibilities are set out in the Professional Skills Working Group terms of reference (400 KB PDF).
The committee’s members are:
- Peter Heffernan (Chair)
- Graham Black
- Sally Calder
- Richard Chalk
- Jane Hamilton
- Ekta Mehta
- Sonal Shah
- Ben Stroud
- Neil Walton
The work of the PSWG is supported by a wider pool of professional volunteers who facilitate events and present online.
View the members’ biographies (250 KB PDF)
The executive team is made up of:
- Fiona Goddard, Interim Head of Regulatory Policy
- Mairi MacIntyre, Interim Professional Skills Manager
- Victoria Campbell, General Counsel Co-ordinator
The PSWG (formerly PSSC) meets on an ad-hoc basis. Once approved, the redacted minutes of meetings are published to ensure that content in development remains confidential.
- 28 September 2023 minutes (PDF, 126 KB)
- 31 July 2023 minutes (PDF, 136 KB)
- 27 April 2023 PSWG minutes (PDF, 136 KB)
- 28 March 2023 PSSC minutes (PDF, 131 KB)
- 24 February 2023 PSCC minutes (PDF, 116 KB)
- 12 December 2022 PSSC minutes (PDF, 100 KB)
- 4 October 2022 PSSC minutes (PDF, 150 KB)
- 16 May 2022 PSSC minutes (PDF, 130 KB)
- 29 March 2022 PSSC minutes (PDF, 110 KB)
- 9 November 2021 PSSC minutes (PDF, 140 KB)
- 29 January 2021 PSSC minutes (PDF, 120 KB)
- 29 October 2020 PSSC minutes (PDF, 150 KB)
- 24 January 2020 PSSC minutes (PDF, 130 KB)
- 17 December 2019 PSSC minutes (PDF, 260 KB)
- 7 November 2019 PSSC minutes (PDF, 340 KB)
These reports provide an overview of the roll-out of professional skills content and events over the last few CPD years.