Firms which are licensed under the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) as designated professional body must comply with the rules set out in the Handbook. The Handbook covers:
- DPB Firms: Regulated Activities
- DPB Firms: Conduct of Business Code
- Rules governing Licensed Authorised Professional Firms
- Complaints and Disciplinary Process
- Licence Terms and Conditions
- Interpretation and Definitions
- Non Regulated Activities
- List of Prohibited Activities
- Permitted Regulated Activities Flowchart
- Suggested Paragraph for an Engagement Letter and Specimen Letterhead
- Qualification Lists.
Read the latest version of the DPB Handbook.This version came in to force on 15 September 2020. From time to time, this handbook will change to reflect new or amended regulation. It was amended in 2018 to incorporate the EU Insurance Distribution Directive. Minor amendments were made in 2020. A version of the Handbook showing these changes is also available. Should you require any previous versions of the Handbook please contact the DPB Manager.