Regional activity in Beijing
The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA's) Beijing group was formed in 2010 by a few active volunteers who organised local events
The Beijing group was formed to provide a platform for members:
- to better engage with each other
- to discuss local issues, and
- to build a bridge between the IFoA in the UK and members in Beijing.
Today all Beijing activities are organised by the Beijing Office, with the help of volunteers from the group.
Who's Who in the Society
Meetings and events
There are at least four technical events a year in Beijing, including talks given during visits by the IFoA's presidential team and executive.
Meetings held during presidential team visits are often held jointly with local insurance companies, and local actuarial and non-actuarial associations, with the aim of expanding the influence of the actuarial profession, and often attract members from other actuarial societies, such as the Society of Actuaries and the Australian Actuarial Society.
Besides the regular CPD and PST events, there is also the occasional social event that aims to bring all Beijing-based members together. The regional communities in China have also started a tradition of holding an annual New Year Members Event and a Thank-you reception for Volunteers.
Kindly find our up-to-date events and regional updates via:
If you would like to suggest a topic for a talk or offer the use of your office to host an event, please contact Ellen Yang or the IFoA Beijing office.
Further contact information
- Toby Sun – Regional Manager, Greater China
- Echo Ji – Business Development Manager, Greater China
- Jing Zhang – Markets Support Specialist, Greater China
- General queries and local support
- Representative Office: Room 512, 5/F, Block A, Landgentbldg Center · No.20 East Middle 3rd Ring Road · Chaoyang District · Beijing · P.R. China · 100022
- Beijing Office phone number: 86(10) 5878 3008