Leicester Actuarial Science Society
Founded in 2015, the aim of the Leicester Actuarial Science Society (LASS) is to give students a better feel for what life as a student actuary might be like across a range of different environments. Our aim is to ensure that students are competitive in the actuarial jobs market and are encouraged to o pursue successful careers once they have secured a trainee position.
LASS aims to:
- give students access and exposure to a range of potential employers to
- give students a better understanding of what an actuarial career involves, and to
- increase potential employers' awareness of what actuarial students have to offer
- provide actuarial students at different stages in their careers with opportunities to compare experiences
- facilitate contact between actuarial students and actuarial science educators in an informal setting
- create opportunities for actuaries and actuarial students in the region to develop professionally
- provide a forum for thought leadership in actuarial science within the East Midlands and raise the profile of Leicester actuarial science courses in current research.
Who's Who in the Society
President: Oliver Van Gordon
Vice President: Rebecca Privitera
Social Secretary: Anthony Scully
Vice Social Secretary: Georgia Bingham
Wellbeing and Inclusion Officer: Dominic Delicata
Treasurer: Atiya Furqan
(from left to right: Dom Delicata, Georgia Bingham, Olly Van Gordon, Anthony Scully, Rebecca Privitera).
Broadening the reach of the society
We're eager to engage with all IFoA members at all levels of membership in the Leicester area, as well as actuarial students at the university.
To learn more about what's going on or to register interest in joining this group, don't hesitate to get in touch with Oliver Van Gordon at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Instagram.