Faculty of Actuaries Students’ Society
The objective of Faculty of Actuaries Students’ Society (FASS) is to create an environment for students and newly qualified actuaries in Scotland which supports their professional development and enhances their knowledge of current actuarial topics.
FASS also creates extensive networking opportunities for our members. To achieve this FASS provides:
- educational events providing skills and information at the appropriate levels for professional development
- events that encourage networking in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- representation at the Student Consultative Forum
Who’s who in the society
- President: Lewis Currie, Phoenix
- Vice President: Rachel Binnie, Isio
- Head of Talks Committee: Jack Ferries, Buck
- Head of Social: Daniel McGuinness, Aegon
- Treasurer: TBC
- Heriot Watt representative (SAS President): Ewan Sneddon, Heriot Watt
- Edinburgh University Representative (EUAS President): Shona Laverty, Edinburgh University
Meetings and events
Membership is open to all actuarial trainees and actuaries in the Edinburgh area, as well as students at Heriot-Watt University through SAS, and at University of Edinburgh through EUAS.
To get involved with this group or to find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also have a look at the FASS Facebook group.
- University students: £8
- IFoA students: £10
- Qualified actuaries: £12
To find out more about the events going on in this area, visit the FASS website.